Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tuna pinwheel

Click: FLOUR

By September 2008, my four year old will be in kindergarten. The thought of packing her lunch scares me. It got to be something that can be eaten easily, is tasty and appealing to the eye and, of course, delicious. Hmm!
Sandwiches are an easy option – easy to make and easy for a kindergartner to eat.

So other than those good old chutney sandwiches, what else? Tuna came to my mind as that is what I eat when I need something quick on the run. Here is a healthy tuna sandwich, sans mayo but with spices.



Ingredients:
  • 1 onion sliced
  • 1 tomato chopped
  • 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
  • Pinch of fenugreek seeds (optional)
  • 2 cans of tuna in water (drained)
  • 3-4 sun dried tomatoes in oil chopped
  • Few sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
  • ¼ tsp turmeric powder
  • ¼ tsp chili powder
  • ½ tsp of coriander powder
  • Salt to taste
Method:
Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and add the fenugreek seeds. Within a few seconds it will emit its aroma, add the sliced onions and sauté till translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds. Add the tomatoes and sauté till the tomatoes are mushy and the oil starts to separate. Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and turmeric, chili and coriander powders. Add the drained tuna and salt. Saute till the moisture from the tuna evaporates. Add the chopped coriander leaves. Let it cool.


To make the pinwheel
Take the slice of bread and flatten it with a rolling pin.
Remove the crust. Spread the tuna mixture on the bread and roll it.

5 comments:

bee said...

thanks for your lovely entry.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! This looks absolutely great. WILL TRY IT THIS WEEKEND. Anjali loves tuna so...
Chechi

K.S.Menon said...

It is me I forgot my password. So...

My comfort food network said...

Chechi,

Have you tried tuna pinwheel? Hope you and Anjali liked it.

My comfort food network said...

bee,

Thanks for hosting the competition. I hope to enter every month. Hopefully, some day I will win.

:-))