Friday, January 4, 2008

2008

2007 went by so quickly. I was in my third trimester in the beginning of the year, awaiting the arrival of this little person inside me. In March, the little one was born just a day before my birthday; what a nice birthday gift! Then life became so hectic…I was recovering from giving birth (I just made it to the hospital to give birth – so didn’t get any EPIDURAL!!!), my parents were visiting to help me out with my new one and my then three and a half year old daughter.

Soon after my parents left, my in-laws came to see the new one along with my sister-in-law and her family. The whole summer went by very quickly. After my in-laws left, I hit reality - here I am alone with two kids, a house to take care of, and a husband who is constantly traveling. It took me few months to get to into a routine with the two kids and household work. Some days were tough but you learn to simplify your life. So cooking elaborate meals or entertaining took a back seat. I looked forward to quick fix recipes and simple dal (lentil) chawal (rice) kind of comfort food.

Now that my new born is 9 months and is mobile, discovering new things each day, hopefully I will get more time to post new recipes (or will I???), and also will be able to continue some art work – which was how I started to blog in the first place.

2007 went by with so many good memories; I hope 2008 will be as good, if not better than 2007.

No comments: