Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Kissables Cookies

I first started baking when we lived in Sydney. Until then, I had no idea how to bake or even how to SWITCH ON an oven. I was somehow intimidated by the oven, maybe because when I grew in India, we didn’t have one. At home, cakes were made on stove tops, in a pot. I have come a long way from the first time I baked. 

Now, I love baking and try out different cookies, cakes, puddings etc. I have also started to alter some recipes to include ingredients I like or have in my pantry. These cookies are colorful and festive and are also a fun party treat. My 4 year old loves helping out when I bake, and today when I baked these cookies with Hershey’s kissable she was just too thrilled and couldn’t wait to eat them once they were baked. You can alter the Kissables with M&M’s.
Enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 100g/4oz unsalted butter, softened.
  • 100g/4oz light or dark brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 150g/6oz self–rising flour
  • 85g/3oz Hershey’s Kissables (see note)
Method:

Heat oven to 180Cfan/350F. Beat butter and sugar together till light and creamy. Add the honey. Stir in the flour and mix till incorporated. Stir in the kissables. Divide the dough to 12-14 balls onto the baking sheet, don't flatten them. Bake for 10 -12 minutes until pale and golden at the edges. Cool on wire rack.

Note: I made this recipe with Hershey's kissables (as you can see in the pictures they are the ones with the color coating on them), but I found that the cookies were a bit salty for some reason, you could replace the kissables with chocolate chip or m&m's.  

No comments: